Why Document Safe Storage Online So Important
Online document storage is a way to safely store and organize your digital files through a website or an app. With this type of document storage, you can access your files from anywhere at any time.
Why Types of Documents Can I Store Online?
As you probably know, digital files can take up a ton of space on your computer, tablet, and phone. That’s why finding an online document storage solution is so important.
Think about how much space your photos alone take up on your hard drive. You don’t want to take up all the physical space on your device, since that will slow everything down.
Videos are another type of file that can gobble up space on your computer, tablet, or phone. You don’t want things to get bogged down and keep you from getting your work done.
If you create presentations or any other graphics, those files can also fill big chunks of your hard drive. If you store them online, you can access them from anywhere, not just the device you created them on.
So, why not consider an online document storage solution to get all those vital digital documents, photos, videos, presentations, and graphics off of your hard drive?
Benefits of Online Document Storage
As technology advances, we have to come up with better options for document storage that don’t take up so much space.
- Better collaboration - This is a key benefit in a work environment because it allows everyone to access the documents at any time. No matter what city, what office, what country they are in, everyone can be given access to important documents and work on them together.
- Better security - It’s even tougher for an unauthorized person to access your files online. An online document storage system comes with multiple security features, like file encryption, different levels of access, and authentication systems.
- Freeing up space - Imagine if you had to print out and store every document and file you ever created. Online document storage eliminates the need for filing cabinets and extra office space to store everything.
- Reducing costs - Storing documents online cuts your office supply costs a great deal because you don’t need to purchase cabinets and other printing supplies. Digital document storage solutions are much more affordable.
- More consistent - If you’re storing documents in your office or home, you have to print them out and file them. If you have someone else doing it for you, things can sometimes end up in the wrong place. With online document storage, you establish workflows and make sure everyone knows how to save things to the appropriate place.
- More productive - Creating and storing documents online makes it easier for you to focus on the work. You don’t have to worry about printing, organizing, and filing. You can spend more time getting the work done and staying on deadline.
Downfalls of Online Document Storage
As with any new technology there are a few drawbacks to online document storage. Nothing works perfectly all the time.
- Accessibility - To access your online documents, you have to have an internet connection. If you’re in a remote location or if your service is experiencing issues, you will have a problem connecting to your document storage.
- Additional costs - Many document storage solutions have limits on what you can upload and download. If you want to go beyond those limits, additional fees will be charged. You need to be aware of the charging plans and choose wisely.
- Support - It is sometimes difficult to get help when you need it. You might be directed to online resources when all you really want is to talk to a real person.
- Privacy - With a variety of online document storage solutions popping up each day, make sure you choose one that can keep your documents private.
- Security - Online storage solutions offer security but there are limitations given advancing technology that will eventually crack encryption technology with brut force attacks.
Looking At Safe Document Storage Online Solutions
With more and more people working virtually these days, it’s great to have a document storage solution that is easy to access, maintain, and organize. As technology changes and advances, more and more document storage systems come on the market.
Here a few notable safe document storage online solutions:
OneDrive is available on all platforms, but you need to have a Microsoft account, which is easy to set up. It offers 5GB of storage for free. It also allows you to access your documents offline, so you can still get to your most important projects without an internet connection. With a paid subscription, you can get 1TB of storage per person. It works well with all file types, not just documents.
My LifeJars offers 2 GB storage for free and 200GB of storage for a paid account. My LifeJars encourages it's users to curate content to make finding vital documents, important files, images, videos and passwords easy now and in the very long-term say in 40 years time or more. Every item of content is individually encrypted and is protected from brut force attack. After 3 years users can set their account to PRESERVE to reduce very long term data storage costs.
Google has been rebranding and changing the names of some of its offerings. The free document storage solution is called Google Drive, and offers 15GB of cloud storage. This includes all of the files, documents, pictures, videos, etc., in your Google account. Google One offers additional features and more storage space options, which start at 100GB and go up to 2 TB.
Dropbox is one of the oldest document storage solutions out there. It is also one of the easiest to use. The free version offers 2GB of storage space, but this can be increased to 16GB through referrals and links to social media accounts. Dropbox can store almost any type of file and rarely has compatibility issues.
Egnyte is a great option for businesses who want to store their documents online and locally. More sensitive documents can be stored on-site, which makes it more secure. It integrates easily with popular apps, so it allows remote and internal employees access to everything they need. The cost depends on the number of employees that are included.
You poured your soul into writing that first draft. Now, take a step back. You want to get a bit of distance, and then come back and read what you wrote with a fresh perspective.
Adobe Document Cloud
This solution is geared more toward businesses that deal with a lot of PDF documents. It not only allows for document storage, but also allows you to edit and manage your PDFs as needed. It can be expensive, though.
You shouldn’t expect to have a completed version of your autobiography right away. Add more memories as many times as you feel you need to. Get new people to look at these new inclusions. This is your story. Make sure you’re telling it exactly how you want.
Now let's take a look a safe online document storage for personal use.
We know how important it is to be organized and safely store documents as a business. But, it’s even more important to have document storage for your personal life. What would happen if there was a fire or a flood? Are all of your precious personal documents protected?
Obviously, you can’t store everything online. However, storing photos, videos, and other personal documents is easy to do and protects them should anything happen to you or your home.
Old photos can be scanned in and uploaded to online document storage solutions. Videos can be converted to digital files for transfer into an online system. Since everything is digital now, your newer photos and videos can easily be uploaded, saved, and stored safely.
Don’t forget to think about saving copies of all of these important personal documents online:
- Last Will and Testament - This legal document spells out what your wishes are when you die. It outlines who you want to get your assets after you’re gone and how your property should be managed. If you have children and pets, your will addresses who will take care of them.
- Advance Care Directive - An advance care directive is a legal document that outlines what actions should be taken for people if they are no longer able to make the decisions themselves due to illness or incapacity.
- Health Care Proxy - A health care proxy is a legal document in which a person names an agent to make medical decisions on the person’s behalf, if that person is incapable of making decisions for themself.
- Enduring Power of Attorney - An enduring power of attorney is a legal document that allows you to name someone to act on your behalf in legal and financial matters.
- Enduring Guardian - An enduring guardian is someone you appoint to make decisions about your lifestyle, health care, and personal circumstances if you can’t make those decisions for yourself.
Safe Online Document Storage In One Place
As much as we don’t like to think about dying, it’s important to make sure everything is in order for the family we leave behind. That’s where we step in to help. My LifeJars offers you a safe, secure online place to store everything your family needs when you’re no longer with them.
Our app is the perfect place to organize and share all of your important documents, like your last will and testament, your advance care directive, your health care proxy, your enduring power of attorney, and your enduring guardian. We make it simple for you to give access to all the people who will need this information in the future.
What Are the Benefits of My LifeJars?
My LifeJars offers a basic account that is free forever and never expires, as long as you are active and assign a My LifeJars Guardian.
With this basic account store 24 memories, 24 things, 16 passwords upload file sizes up to 10MB and access 2GB of data storage. Create a life profile for yourself as well as for 4 other family members or friends and 4 legacies.
Only switch to a Gold paid account if you want to add unlimited memories, things & passwords, unlimited life profiles & legacies, upload file sizes up to 500MB including videos and store 200GB of data across all the profiles and legacies you create.
The My LifeJars app offers the following benefits:
- Encrypted data - very advanced and multiple layered cryptographic protection.
- Safety and security - access and review your information anywhere in the world with secure authentication.
- No advertising - you will not be shown any ads from third party platforms while using the app.
- Supports giving - My LifeJars donates 10% of annual subscriptions to our Partners, which you select to support.
Create Your Forever FREE My LifeJars Account Now. It’s easy to do, offers you peace of mind and control of WHO can access your memories, vital documents, important information and passwords - and WHEN they can access them, NOW or in the FUTURE.